- We use all errata for Exalted 2.5 listed in the official Scroll of Errata Please double check the scroll when purchasing new charms.
- Source material for Artifacts and Charms come from: Exalted Core, Ink Monkeys, Oadenol’s Codex, and The White Treatise.
- Experience points are awarded on a party-wide basis rather than individually.
- Basic Craft skills have been combined into one Craft skill (Elemental). Advanced craft skills are as normal (Magitech, Genesis, etc).
- Backgrounds can be purchased for 3xp per dot as per Anathema and the Core book. Backgrounds can only be raised when combined with roleplaying and GM approval. These are representations of things that happen in game and the xp is a minor fee to make it stick. Backgrounds that apply to the whole party do not require experience (e.g. Backing or Artifacts gained adventuring in Shindig).
- The canonical character sheet is the one generated through Anathema, not the Obsidian Portal sheet.
- The “Cast Sorcery” action after all Shape Sorcery actions have been taken is always successful and takes one tick. Ignore references to the Join Battle roll or the concept of Sorcerer’s ‘not being part of the battle’. This is a patch for the bug where party members with high initiatives accidentally caused their friend’s spell to happen more slowly by competing on initiative.
- I interpret the damage rules on p. 151 as meaning that no Solar can take ‘overkill’ damage and die instantly. If a character can completely stabilize them with the (usually) 10 tick window for Dying health levels, the patient does not die. This interpretation is designed to make Medicine experts a necessary part of the Circle. As a clarification, self healing charms almost never work while unconscious and so cannot save one from death.
- Parry DV is not normally applicable to ranged attacks such as Archery and Thrown without a charm or stunt. It has always been my intuitive understanding that parrying an arrow is not equally difficult to parrying a sword. Apparently, this is not the case in some games, so it has been upgraded to a house rule. Characters using shields (as per errata) can parry ranged attacks of any kind normally.
- Exalted Character Creation: Roll 1d10 – 1 to determine current Limit.